Big Pharma has been getting away with unethical, immoral, and illegal falsification of its clinical trials while most of mainstream media has been consistently ignoring this fact.
According to a False Claims Act complaint that Natural News acquired, vaccine manufacturer Merck knowingly falsified its mumps vaccine test data by spiking test samples with animal antibodies and sold a vaccine that was promoting mumps outbreaks and ripping off governments and consumers who purchased it on the basis of its “95% effective” warranty.
Click here to read the full complaint.
The complaint’s main allegations were brought forward by former Merck virologists Stephen Krahling and Joan Wlochowski. The pair claimed that Merck engaged in the following behavior:
- Merck knowingly manipulated test procedures and falsified test results for its mump to obtain a 95% efficacy rate.
- To reach this objective, Merck added rabbit antibodies for altering the outcome of the test by increasing the virus neutralization count.
- Merck use the falsified trial results to swindle the U.S. government out of “hundreds of millions of dollars for a vaccine that does not provide adequate immunization.”
- The fraud has contributed to the resurgence of mumps outbreaks across the U.S including the 2006 and 2009 outbreaks.
- Merck has used its false claims of “95 percent effectiveness” to monopolize the vaccine market and eliminate possible competitors, which it manages to do because the FDA grants it an exclusive license.
- The fraud inside Merck has been going on since the late 1990s after the FDA required renewal efficacy testing in 1997 of the mumps vaccine in Merck’s MMRII.
- There were no tests of the vaccine against a “wild-type” mumps virus, which is a strain of the virus as it exists in nature and would confront a person in the real world. Instead, testing was done against the same strain with which the children were vaccinated, resulting in results that overstated the vaccine’s effectiveness.
- The entire fraud took place “with the knowledge, authority, and approval of Merck’s senior management.”
A report in the Wall Street Journal has stated that the attorneys for the two virologists wrote to the federal court in Philadelpia that “Merck has taken an evasive approach in its blanket refusal to provide information effectiveness.”
“Either Merck knows the current efficacy of its mumps vaccine, or it does not,” the attorney writes. “Whichever the case, Merck should not be permitted to raise as one of its principal defenses that its vaccine has a high efficacy, which is accurately represented on the product’s label, but then refuse to answer what it claims that efficacy actually is.”
The letter can be read in full here.