08/03/2016 / By newstarget
A former Central Investigation Bureau officer in Poland has claimed ‘Western Europe is practically dead’ and blamed Angela Merkel‘s migration policy for its demise.
(Article by Sarah Dean)
Jacek Wrona slammed the German government’s response to terror attacks while appearing on a Polish chat show alongside military historian Dr Rafal Brzeski,wPolityce reports.
Wrona compared the situation to the fall of the Roman Empire, saying: ‘Europe is at the end of its existence. Western Europe is practically dead.
‘These people live in a void, without ideas. And they come the young, who want to acquire wealth, as once did the barbarians. And they have the power.’
He said the EU is suffering because of political correctness.
‘The worst problem for services is political correctness. We need a sober judgment,’ Wrona claimed.
Dr Brzeski also criticised the German government’s response to recent terror attacks. ‘The Germans have had enough of this, which does not mean that the government has had enough. These are two different approaches,’ he said.
Their comments come after five separate incidents in Germany between July 18 and July 26.
The attacks, two of them claimed by Islamic State, also left dozens wounded and have burst any illusions that the country is immune to atrocities like those also claimed by Islamic State in neighbouring France.
Dr Brzeski accused Germany of ‘self-censorship’ when it reports on terror attacks and said ‘there is nothing worse than self-censorship in journalism’.
Munich was the scene of the bloodiest of the German attacks, on July 22, in which an 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman killed nine people.
Wrona said it would have been easy for the Munich shooter to get a gun because of free movement in the EU and ‘the whole Balkans are flooded with weapons’.
Two of the assailants in the other attacks, a Syrian asylum seeker who blew himself up in Ansbach and a refugee from either Pakistan or Afghanistan who attacked people on a train in Bavaria, had links to Islamist militancy, officials say. The Munich gunman did not.
Critics of Chancellor Angela Merkel have blamed the attacks on her open-door refugee policy, under which over a million migrants, many fleeing war in Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq, entered Germany in the past year.
Merkel set out a nine-point plan on Thursday to respond to the attacks, including an early warning system for the radicalisation of refugees.
But she refused to reverse her welcoming stance toward refugees.
The German leader said the assailants ‘wanted to undermine our sense of community, our openness and our willingness to help people in need’.
‘We firmly reject this,’ she said.
Merkel repeated her rallying cry from last year when she opened the borders to people fleeing war and persecution, many from Syria, which brought nearly 1.1 million migrants and refugees to Germany in 2015.
‘I am still convinced today that ‘we can do it’ – it is our historic duty and this is a historic challenge in times of globalisation,’ she said.
‘We have already achieved very, very much in the last 11 months.’
President Joachim Gauck said he understood why many Germans were shaken after the attacks, but Germany would not submit to the assailants.
‘They won’t compel us to hate, like they hate,’ he said. ‘They won’t hold us in the confinement of perpetual fear. We will remain what we are: a considerate, supportive society.’
Read more at: www.dailymail.co.uk