A miniaturized nuclear warhead capable of fitting inside a missile is the latest bragging right of the Kim Jong Un regime. Reports indicate that the North Korean dictator has crossed a new threshold with this accomplishment that brings his country one step closer towards becoming a full-fledged nuclear power, posing new and credible threats to the West.
This disturbing news comes from an analysis conducted last month by the Defense Intelligence Agency, which follows an earlier intelligence assessment showing that North Korea now has as many as 60 nuclear weapons in its arsenal. Independent experts believe the number to be much smaller than this, but with all the recent missile launches showing off the nation’s assortment of weapons apparatus, official sources are claiming the number to be on the higher end.
The Japanese Defense Ministry did not declare with certainty in its report that North Korea has definitively produced a miniaturized warhead, it’s important to note. But it did suggest that the evidence points strongly to this conclusion, especially as threats from Kim Jong Un against the United States have escalated in recent days.
The document states that two U.S. officials familiar with its contents have confirmed these, though it isn’t entirely clear at this point whether or not North Korea has officially tested the weapon. North Korean officials, however, claim that they successfully tested it last year, and that they’re ready to use it if need be.
“The IC [intelligence community] assesses North Korea has produced nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery, to include delivery by ICBM-class missiles,” the assessment states as part of an excerpt shared with The Washington Post.
The intelligence community was apparently under the false impression that North Korea was much further behind in its development of nuclear weapons technologies. What this report shows is that things are advancing much more rapidly there than previously believed. In responding to the news, President Trump made the following apocalyptic statement at a recent speaking engagement at his golf course in Bedminster, New Jersey:
“They will be met with fire and fury and frankly power, the likes of which this world has never seen before.”
Military authorities are already planning a “preemptive” intervention in North Korea, seemingly chomping at the bit on the heels of the President’s words to get a war going. This falls in line with the longstanding plans of the neoconservative war hawk elements in the U.S. government that seem to have been eagerly awaiting the chance to ignite a skirmish.
Meanwhile, President Trump has taken to Twitter as he usually does to urge North Korea to back off. On Friday, the President wrote the following:
“Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely. Hopefully Kim Jong Un will find another path!”
Back at his golf resort in Bedminster, President Trump explained that no further threats from North Korea will be tolerated. Anything more from the North Korean regime and there will be hell to pay, was the general sentiment.
“If he utters one threat in the form of an overt threat … or if he does anything with respect to Guam or anyplace else that’s an American territory or an American ally, he will truly regret it,” the President told reporters. “And he will regret it fast.”
When asked to reiterate what he meant by these words, the President wasn’t coy. He told reporters that they mean exactly what they imply, and that Kim Jong Un would do well to take heed of them and carefully re-examine his agenda.
Sources for this article include:Submit a correction >>