Sperry further added that U.S. Attorney for Connecticut John Durham’s investigation of the Obama-Russia probe revealed the existence of Brennan’s task force.
Reporter Adam Housley seconded Sperry’s report, saying that he had been reporting for three years about Brennan’s independently-run operation “well before Trump.”
Nick Shapiro, Brennan’s spokesperson and former deputy chief of staff, said that the former CIA director was interviewed in Aug. 2020 by Durham and his team in Langley. Shapiro also added mentioned that the U.S. attorney told Brennan he was not under investigation and is only a “witness” to events that are under review.
Shapiro also mentioned in his statement that Brennan questioned the Department of Justice's scrutiny over the CIA's findings and methods -- despite reports by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and the U.S. Senate proving that there was indeed Russian interference. Brennan also denounced President Trump and Attorney General William Barr’s “repeated efforts to politicize” the work of Attorney Durham, as they “tarnished the independence and integrity of the Justice Department.”
However, California Rep. Devin Nunes, the former chair of the House Intelligence Committee, warned in an interview with Fox Business that Brennan is “hardly in the clear” despite talking with Attorney Durham and being exempt from investigation.
Previously, Brennan perjured by claiming that the dossier made by British former intelligence officer Christopher Steele was not included in the U.S. intelligence community’s 2017 assessment of Russian collusion. A report by the Washington Examiner said that Attorney Durham is looking at how elements of the now-discredited dossier played a part in the initial probes.
The probe into President Trump's alleged ties with Russia and his obstruction of justice claims date back to the initial inquiry in July 2016 spearheaded by former FBI director James Comey. Special Counsel Mueller was appointed to take over the probe after Comey was terminated. Mueller’s two-year investigation found no evidence directly pointing to President Trump working with Russia by the time it wrapped up in March 2019.
In May 2019, Attorney General William Barr appointed Attorney Durham to lead an administrative review of the first inquiry, which was upgraded into a criminal probe months later in October. Aside from Attorney Durham, two other investigations led by U.S. Attorney for Utah John Huber and Inspector General Michael Horowitz are looking at certain aspects of the Trump-Russia investigation. (Related: Deep state in total panic as Durham’s investigation confirmed to have transitioned to CRIMINAL phase… indictments imminent.)
The criminal probe led by Attorney Durham has yielded one guilty plea.
Former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith pleaded guilty in August after admitting he altered an email during the bureau’s application to renew a surveillance warrant for Carter Page, a former Trump campaign adviser.
Clinesmith's lawyers said that the former FBI employee “deeply regrets” his actions and that he never intended to mislead either investigators or the court that permitted surveillance applications. Clinesmith is scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 10.
Things appear to be on the downhill for the Deep State with how Attorney Durham is handling things. Clinesmith’s guilty plea is just one of many indictments under this new probe, with additional ones incoming as more bombshells are set to be dropped.
Find out more about how agents of the Deep State are undermining the Trump administration from within at DeepState.news.